“Padavukal”-new scholarship scheme-Application invited

“Padavukal” is a new scheme scholarship initiated by the government for higher education of children for women widowed due to death of their husband during accidents or sudden death.  Tuition fees and hostel fees of children studying in various professional courses will be funded under the scheme.


Beneficiaries are those pursuing professional courses (MBBS, Engineering, MBA) in Government/Government Aided Educational sector.
A fixed amout of tuition fee will be paid for each course and hostel fee (including mess fee) is paid.  In case of semester fee, twice in a year and in case of annual fee, one time financial assistance.Should be studying in colleges recognized by Medical Council of India/ Universities under State Government and settled in Kerala.

The annual income of the family should not exceed 3 lakh rupees.

Must have got admission in Govt/ Govt aided institutes on merit basis.

A certificate of tuition fee and hostel fee of the institution of study should be produced in the prescribed format.

Those receiving other scholarships from the government are not eligible for financial assistance.

Government employees other than Anganwadi worker/helper, Asha workers and part-time contingent employees are not eligible for the benefit.

Two members of a family are eligible for financial assistance. Applications should be submitted to the Child Development Scheme Officer.

Documents needed

Application form,
course/hostel certificate,
proof that student’s mother is widow and not remarried (issued by Village Officer),
bank pass book copy of applicant,
copy of fee payment receipts if financial aid received in previous year and certificate that financial aid amount is not more than fee amount.
From the applications received at the Child Development Offices, the applications meeting all the criteria and with necessary documents will be forwarded to the District Women and Child Development Officers with a clear recommendation. 
Applications received in this way should be submitted to the Director of Women and Child Development with the approval of the committee headed by the District Collector.  Know more details at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button